To all the inner child in ourselves,
HAPPY CHILDREN’S DAY!!!
Was surfing around, and read that Children’s Day is a public holiday in Japan?!?!?! Why isn’t it so in Singapore? We’re all children in our parents’ eyes, isn’t it?
I had a very nice Children’s Day gift, from nephew Caleb, after I saw what his mum posted on her facebook wall.
He said exactly the same thing over the phone (though I pretty much missed the first part)! Cute isn’t he? hahaha!
On a side note, I dreamt that I sang the children’s day song.
While listening to it, I realise that I can actually still remember the lyrics! It had been a long 22 years since I last memorised the song!
It being the official Children’s Day song in Singapore, the composer is the same person who composed the National Anthem 🙂
Semoga Bahagia ( Children’s Day Song )
- Sama-sama maju ke hadapan
- Pandai cari pelajaran
- Jaga diri dalam kesihatan
- Serta sopan-santun dengan kawan-kawan
- Dengan hati bersih serta suci
- Sama-sama hormat dan berbudi
- Jaga tingkah pemuda-pemudi
- Adat dan budaya junjung tinggi
- Capailah lekas cita-cita pemudi-pemuda
- Supaya kita ada harga di mata dunia
- Kalau kita lengah serta lupa
- Hidup kita sia-sia
- Jiwa besar sihat serta segar
- Rajin dengan sabar tentu bahagia
- Lemah lembut perangai pemudi
- Cergas tangkas wataknya pemuda
- Suka rela selalu berbakti
- Sikap yang pembela dan berjasa
- Capailah nama yang mulia pemudi-pemuda
- Rajinlah supaya berjaya semoga bahagia
May You Achieve Happiness
- Together we progress
- Clever at seeking knowledge
- Take care of your health
- And be courteous to your friends
- With a clean and pure heart
- We respect and do good to each other
- Watch your behaviour, oh youths
- Respect and honour your customs and traditions
- Quickly reach your goals/dreams, oh youths
- So that we’ll have our worth, in this world
- If we are lazy and forgetful
- Our lives are worthless
- A big heart and a fresh mind
- Hardworking and patience definitely brings success/happiness
- Soft-spoken is the lady
- Energetic and tenacious is the man
- Charitable, always contributing
- Having a righteous spirit and doing good
- Attain a respectable position, oh youths
- Be hardworking so that you will succeed, may you achieve happiness
Meaningful lyrics, isn’t it? But how many people actually understand the lyrics?