I’ve never been a fan of English songs..
First heard of Budak Pantai few years back when Jiawen told me about this cute song of theirs – Tribute to Titanic (it’s in the Budakmentary album).
That’s like the only song I heard of theirs. Until DK told us about their Starbucks tour in Nov. And then I got to know of their concert!
Wasted no time in getting my tickets. Bought their latest album “Nothing Also Happy” and started getting to know the songs before the concert 3 weeks later.
They sang most of the songs in the new album! Plus some oldies.
- Cool (aka Nite)
- Angels (Shirlyn from the UnXpected joined in too!)
- An oldie – 为什么要对你掉眼泪
- No Matter (woohoo~ I like this song!)
- All Rice
- I want my Jewels (not sure of the actual title)
- 追 (Malay remix)
- Leap for your love
- Some christmas song, tribute to Michael Jackson
- Ken Lee…. (if you remember Susan Boyle)
- Unbreak my heart
- ABBA (i think!)
- 12 Days of Christmas.. Hey baby hey baby hey
- Hey There Delilah (one of my fav!)
Short 90mins concert, but I had real fun. Laughed throughout! I love how they fuse the songs! I love how they change the lyrics to existing songs. It’s so funny! Here are some of my favourites!
Hey There Delilah
Not sure why, but I’m falling in love with their songs. There seems to be some kind of connections that I have. 😀